Monday, April 27, 2009

MTC

Hello Everyone!
The first day at the MTC was GLORIOUS! There was such an awesome spirit that told me that I was meant to be here. I met my branch presidency and they are so sweet and very uplifting. Amy is my companion (as we suspected) and we are the only ones in our room so far. We think that we will get four Ukrainian women for roomates when they arrive next week to train to be missionaries.
The second day at the MTC was AAAAAAHHHHHH! I thought we were just going to learn the Ukrainian alphabet today but we not only learned that, we learned how to read paragraphs, say prayers and sing songs all in Ukrainian! We are supposed to memorize a prayer and the "purpose" in Preach My Gospel in just a few days! It all sounds like way too much to do, but they are encouraging us that it is possible! I'm just glad that I am not going through this alone!
I now understand why missionaries say they have no time to write. That statment is so understated! There is NO TIME. Period! We wake up at 6:30 - class at 7:00 - breakfast 7:45 - class 8:15 - lunch - class - dinner - class -bed. That's it. No rest whatsoever. I hear it gets easier as time goes on. I hope!

Love you with all my heart!
Cecpta Howell


Meagen's new mailing address:
Sister Meagen Shawn Howell
MTC Mailbox #106
UKR-KIE 0714
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, Utah 84604-1793

1 comment:

  1. Yesssss!!!!!!!! I am so glad you're having a good time! It does sound stressful, but you seem to have a very positive attitude about it! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete