Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I had wonderful holidays, I hope you did too!
On Christmas Eve, we had a big Mission Christmas Conference where all the missionaries from the entire mission came to Kiev to celebrate. The day started out with a transfer meeting- I'm staying in Kiev with Sister Morton. Then we had a lunch- PB&J- a missionary's favorite since peanut butter is scarce in Eastern Europe. As we ate lunch we watched Dr. Seuss' “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” After that President Steinagel spoke to us on the Prophet Joseph Smith. It was a very powerful talk, and I have no idea how anyone could ever disprove of his divine calling. Then President Steinagel talked to us about our goals for the next six months. Then we picked up our packages and Sister Morton, Sister Pack, Sister Garff and I went to another church building in the center of the city to meet Cveta, and Masha. We had a fun little reunion there and ate pizza as well! I was sad to say goodbye to my former companions, not knowing when we would see each other again.
On Christmas Day we woke up at our usual time and read Luke 2 before we opened presents. Then Sister Morton made me the biggest pancakes I have ever had! I couldn't eat half of them! Then we had our morning study as usual. For lunch we met the Elders in our ward and ate pizza at a place by our house. Then we all went to the street market to do some shopping. I bought some super thick socks and a puzzle to play on New Year's. Then we went and watched “It's a Wonderful Life” while munching on our Christmas candies and sipping hot chocolate. Then we went home and I waited for my mom and sister to call, but they didn't so Sister Morton and I ate some salami, cream cheese and green olives, which didn't taste at all like what I thought it would. Then we started some transfer planning and my phone finally rang! The phone call went way too fast, but at least we still have e-mail. Then we did some more planning and went to bed!

Have a Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment