Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Greetings from the MTC!

Dobre Dayn!
Tomorrow will be my two week mark here at the MTC, but it feels like I have been here forever! Yet, I feel I haven't learned anything! I can't even remember what life was like before this. It is starting to become routine, but I still am running late for my classes. It is also still hard for me to stay awake for the ten+ hours a day that I am in the classroom especially in the morning and after lunch.
Tomorrow, our "task" in the TRC (teaching resource center) is to contact someone, ask about their family, work, hobbies, where they are from, and testify of the eternal family. - All in Ukrainian! I feel like I am not ready for it, but ready or not, it will happen! I thought twelve weeks here was going to be plenty of time to learn a little of the language, but they are going by so fast, I am going to be in Ukraine before I know it!
The five of us Ukrainian speaking missionaries are in a branch with all of the Russian speaking missionaries. So we got a huge group of native Russians who are here for one month to be trained to be a missionary and then are going back to Russia to serve. They are so cool! And it is also very frustrating because since we are learning Ukrainian we can not speak to them unless they know English which very few do. There are three though, who are from Kiev and speak both Ukrainian and Russian, and they try to help us out with the language, but I think that it is more confusing than helpful! This morning, we had the wonderful opportunity to attend the Provo Temple with them as most of them, it was their first time because they do not have a temple close to their home. It was a very sweet experience.
Being a missionary is the absolute hardest thing I've ever done, and it is the most wonderful! I am truly surrounded by the spirit every second of everyday!
I absolutely love the firesides and devotionals here! They are so inspiring and remind me of my purpose and give me strength! There is nothing like being in a huge room with thousands of missionaries singing praises and having the most reverence for the speakers! I wish everyone could have the experience!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment