Tuesday, June 23, 2009

100% Ukrainian!

AAhhhh! Yesterday we had our big dramatic countdown to only speak our mission language for the rest of the two weeks here. Wait. Two weeks? No way!!! Speaking only in Ukrainian is very very difficult. I think Sister Murphy and I have our own Ukrainian that we speak to each other and can understand one another, but to anyone who knows real Ukrainian wouldn't be able to understand us at all! Is is so frustrating when I do my practice teaching with my tutor, Brat Paulson, and I say a phrase and he just shakes his head at me and says "Ya ne roseoomeeyou" ( I don't understand) And I spend five minutes trying to spit one simple little phrase out!
This week in the TRC we are telling someone our daily schedule and then, teaching the first lesson again. I think this time, it is supposed to be super awesome, because we have taught it twice before, but it has been a while since I have reviewed the vocab that it will not turn out as well as I had hoped.
I think we get our flight plans soon! Can't wait!
-Meagen
6-23-09

No comments:

Post a Comment