Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Week two....

Well, I'm only on my second week here and I feel fantastic. I love my trainer! She is so patient with me and all of my struggles to speak the language and simply live the life of a missionary.

I think my favorite part of the day is when we have companionship study. We talk about what we have each studied in our personal study, then focus on how that will help our investigators. I think it really sets the Spirit for the rest of the day and I enjoy it when we actually use that which we studied in our lessons. It is like viewing the fruits of our labor.

I have always heard of "golden contacts" but I never thought that I would have the opportunity of teaching one! Let alone in my first transfer! But this girl we met at the baptism is amazing! She has been going to English with the Zone leaders and really feels the Spirit during the Spiritual thought. She has also been to church several times and enjoyed it. When we asked her if she would like to meet with us personally she was excited because she has so many questions that she wants to ask! We teach her for the first time tomorrow, and I can't wait!

Being a missionary is so much more than I ever thought it would be and just these two weeks have taught me soo much and I know it will have such an impact on how I live the rest of my life. I am so grateful to be here and wouldn't have missed this for the world!
-Meagen
7-20-09

No comments:

Post a Comment