Monday, September 21, 2009

Exchanges and Angel Moroni

It has been a week of exchanges for me. For the first half I was serving with Sister Mavchanuk and the second half I was with Sister Ethington. I learned a lot. And I hopefully will apply all the new ideas that I have to my area. When I was with Sister Movchanuk we even committed an investigator to baptism! It was kind of strange, because I knew that we were talking about baptism, but I didn't hear that she accepted the date. But she did!
I was privileged to be able to attend the Angel Moroni dedication with an investigator. She didn't say very much when I asked her what she thought and felt, but there was such excitement, she probably just needs to let it all sink in and ponder what she herd and saw.
As I was watching the Angel being placed atop of the Temple, I was thinking of the visual mark of the missionary work in Ukraine that it symbolizes. A little over 20 years ago, Ukraine was under Soviet rule, then the walls were brought down and the Church was brought to the country. Now, a temple is being built and I'm sure it is just the beginning of all the wonderful things that are going to happen in this country. I feel so honored to be apart of it.

Here is a quote from lds.org about the Angel Moroni:

The statues of the angel Moroni atop our temples symbolize the Restoration of the gospel in these latter days. They represent the angel in John’s vision in the New Testament: “And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth” (Rev. 14:6).

-Meagen
9-21-09

No comments:

Post a Comment