Monday, September 14, 2009

Three days without Sister Pack

I am still alive. Sister Pack is back from Bulgaria and all is well. Having a native mini missionary was something. Since she is from Odessa, she speaks mostly Russian, a couple words in English and only Ukrainian when she remembers it. I think we managed somehow with my very elementary Ukrainian and me guessing a whole lot of the time. I didn't end up calling other people for translations like I was expecting to. Fortunately all the people we taught understood us so that is all that matters. All in all, it was a good experience.
After Sister Pack returned, we had the most amazing lesson about the Plan of Salvation with our investigator. We even included some of the next lesson because she was ready to hear it. It was wonderful. We all come out of it walking on air with smiles filling up our faces. We think that she already has her answer to everything, she just needs time to realize it. We love her so much!
It appears that it is transfer time for all of the sisters in Kiev. This next week I'm going to two different areas with two different companions. I don't think it will be too bad though, I'm just not looking forward to the packing. I'm horrible at packing.
This morning I was studying the topic of obedience. I was led to ask myself, "Why wouldn't I want to be obedient to the things that the Lord asks of me to do?" He is all knowing and ever loving. He would never ask me to do something that would bring me unhappiness and misery. He only wants the very best for me and I know that if I am obedient I will be happy. And it is an everlasting happiness because he is everlasting. The things of this world may bring happiness, but it will only be temporary, because nothing that is impure can last forever. Those who love the Lord love his laws. It makes perfect sense, so why do we still question and disobey?
-Meagen
9-14-09

No comments:

Post a Comment