Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Curve's for Soviet men!


When I was with Cectpa Movchanyuk we were walking through an apartment area and we saw this very soviet style work out equipment all in a circle- it reminded me of curves. So this is me on one of the weight lifting things. It was super heavy!

We haven't had much success this week. I don't know what it is. I feel like we are trying really hard, but they aren't cooperating! Why does this work have to be so hard? Oh yeah, accepting the gospel and acting on it it is the most important and essential aspect that there is in this life, so of course it isn't going to come easy. Just as anything worth getting in this life doesn't come easy. A few examples... getting in shape, earning a degree, having a baby. All wonderful things in the end, but in the process it seems like almost too much. So I just need to keep the big picture in mind. If it didn't seem like a very successful week this week, and I did my best, maybe next week I'll see the reward, or the next or the next... no matter how long it takes, it will eventually happen because the Lord has promised it to us, we just need to keep our confidence in Him and not in ourselves.
There is good news though. We had two investigators at church on Sunday, the elders had four. I felt the spirit there very strongly and I think they did too. The Gospel Principles class was filled with so many questions and lots of learning! It was probably one of my favorite Sundays here. I can't wait to see what is going to happen next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment