Monday, June 14, 2010

I bought a kilo of strawberries today!

It is now officially summer!
The temperature is 100 degrees outside with an almost 100% humidity, or so it feels. Wasn't Ukraine supposed to be cold?? Our apartment is a sauna. No air conditioning, and if we open a window for some air, a swarm of mosquitoes fly in and attack! I sleep with a fan on me all night- to breath and to keep the mosquitoes off me. But that's a mission for ya! I think I'll sweat off about 10 more pounds before the end of my mission.

The other day we had a lesson with a lady who we have been teaching for a while, but I think that just now she is beginning to understand. Sister Visotska brought a little wooden puzzle of the Plan of Salvation and our investigator was obsessed with the 3 kingdoms of glory. She kept saying over and over, "this is very interesting" at the end of the lesson she remarked that our church is on a higher level of Christianity. I never thought about that before, but I like it!

Yesterday at church the Thatchers came in to visit. One of our members had a question about temple clothing and asked for me to translate. The member speaks only Russian and Sister Thatcher speaks very very little Ukrainian. And somehow, they didn't really need me to communicate with each other. It was beautiful to see the bond of sisterhood stretch beyond languages.

-Sister Howell
6-14-10

No comments:

Post a Comment