Monday, September 6, 2010

Odessa!

So I'm in Odessa now. I never thought my whole mission long that I would ever get to see this place. Now that I have, I don't want to leave. It is just too beautiful. The people here are a bit crazy, but that makes it all the more fun! We met with a lady the other day who has been meeting the missionaries on and off for 16 years! She was supposed to get baptized on the fourth, but we didn't know about it and everything was not ready, so now her date is the eleventh of this month. I asked her why she wants to get baptized now and she didn't 16 years ago. She said that the things of the world were too tempting for her, but now she realizes that they are nothing. She can not find true happiness without the gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though I won't stay here for much longer, and probably won't be here to support her on her baptismal day. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve here for a little while.

-Sister Howell
9-6-10

No comments:

Post a Comment