Monday, November 9, 2009

Swine Flu

Despite the Swine Flu scare and all the people who are too afraid to meet because of it, we have had some good lessons. As the year is drawing to an end, I think we are getting more bold with bringing up gospel topics in our private English lessons, and we even have a new investigator from it.
We were able to contact a former investigator and she seems to still love us and wants to meet soon. I see very good potential in her. We watched Finding Faith in Christ with another investigator, but she still doesn't know if she can believe. We can not force a belief on her, but we can be consistent with love and hopefully she will find out for herself.
One day last week, while Sister Garff and I were advertising for English we talked to a man that was so happy for our service that he said he wanted to kiss us. We backed away and said “Не Можна” to which he replied, “You right, the flu” So there are benefits to a wide spread sickness! Even if it isn't in Keiv yet.
Transfers are this week, and I am yet again in wonderful Voskresinsky. Sister Garff is getting transferred out west, maybe opening an area. And I think Sister Morton will be my new companion. I've only met her twice before but she seems like a lot of fun.
-Meagen
11-9-09

No comments:

Post a Comment