Monday, March 29, 2010

Summer!

The other day Sister Walker and I were handing out English advertisements in the along the street market and I saw a lady walking by with a chocolate ice-cream cone! Summer is finally here! I was so happy, I had to celebrate by purchasing one for myself! Delicious!
All of the snow is off the streets and it is almost too hot to wear my coat. When there were still a few patches of snow here and there, I would inwardly point and laugh because I knew I would never have to walk on it again on my mission! Unless there is a freak storm or something.
We had a good lesson with one of our investigators the other day. We talked about prayer and she said that she feels like she has done too much wrong for Heavenly Father to want to listen to her. We talked about her granddaughter and if she ever did anything wrong, would she still love her? I think this helped her to see just a little bit of Gods love for her. The spirit was very strong and she was willing to pray at the end of our lesson. This morning I was reading in 2 Nephi 19:21"...For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still." I love that image. Even though we know that God is not happy when we choose to do wrong. He still has his hand outreached to us, wanting and waiting for us to repent and return to Him. He loves us that much. This week I will try especially hard to show my love for Him by extending a hand to those in need and helping them to feel the love that God has for them.
-Meagen
3-29-10

No comments:

Post a Comment