Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm going to be here!

The Kiev Temple is going to be open and dedicated in August! Hooray!
I feel so bad for the group before me who are going to be leaving just days before the dedication. I am so blessed.
In other news, president Schwitzer of the Area Presidency came to our Stake Conference this weekend and I was privileged to listen to three of his talks. The one for missionaries was about true conversion and sanctification. He said that we need to help people to remember what they knew was true before this life. I think sometimes I forget that, that everyone chose to follow Christ before this life and they all agreed to come to Earth and choose to follow Him again. The talk for adults was about teaching in the home, (and how one of the best places to teach teenage boys is what is posted on the refrigerator) The one for everyone was about the blessing of having commandments and how commandments are all about relationships. The talks were so wonderful, they helped me to invigorate my zeal for missionary work and to strengthen my testimony that this work is true.
The last piece of news is that I am getting transferred out of Kiev. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. I love Kiev. I love my companion Sister Walker. I wanted to stay at least one more transfer with her. But, I'm out to new adventures with a new city and a new companion. It is what the Lord wants me to do, so why should I fear?

-Meagen
4-26-10

No comments:

Post a Comment