Sunday, October 11, 2009

Opera

This is me in front of the Kiev Opera House where we went to see the ballet, The Nutcracker
Sister Ethington, me, and Sister Pack in front of the opera house
All of the sisters serving in Kiev going to see the ballet, of course, elders were not invited
This is my favorite picture! Some missionaries gain other skills while they are on their missions. Some learn how to play the piano, others learn how to sing or cook, the learning environment is so strong that you can't help but gain new skills. My new skill that I learned is how to complete a Rubik's Cube! I'm not so sure how that will help me later in life, but I'm glad that I can do it. This picture was taken just after I finished the first one. After I took the picture, I checked to see what it looked like, then I noticed the cheap broken one in the background and laughed so hard. Sort of symbolic of what it takes to get things done...you may need to destroy somethings along the way.My new companion Sister Garff. She is from Michigan, has been on a mission for three months longer than me, and is an excellent cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment