Monday, February 1, 2010

Halina rocks. I hate wet socks. I'm sending home a box.

Halina rocks.
On Saturday we had an activity with the Relief Society. When we got there, Halina was helping prepare the food, and after that she picked up a mop and started cleaning! She is so cool. Someone said it is like she has been a member for 100 years. Yesterday she got a calling to be on the Enrichment activities committee, which is perfect for her! She has so many ideas including holding a photography class and decorating picture frames. We asked her yesterday if she would like to serve a mini mission and she is all for it!

I hate wet socks.
It has been warmer these past couple of days, and the snow is melting. It was even raining today. The ground outside is one giant puddle. I would be happy if it was really warming up for good, but they say that February is the coldest month of the year. So the weather is just teasing me. :p

I'm sending home a box.
I am getting transferred on Thursday! To...Kiev....most likely...and with my first native companion. I cried yesterday during sacrament meeting, knowing that it was the last time I would be there. But of course I will still see them around Kiev I hope, and at the temple dedication for sure, if it happens before I go home. I just don't like goodbyes. So today for my preparation fun, I get to stay home and pack! Hooray. There is no way I'm going to fit all the stuff I've accumulated over these past seven months into three pieces of luggage. It's going to be fun fun fun! I'll probably send home some stuff that I don't need, but want to keep.
-Meagen
2-1-10

No comments:

Post a Comment